The Northeast Off-Road Jamborees main goal is a fun and safe time for all, so here are some general rules for all classes to secure that safety and fun for everyone competing and spectating alike:
1. All Competitors MUST have a valid State Drivers License and be 16 or older with Parent Signed Liability Waver if under 18 years of Age
2. All Competitors MUST have a DOT approved Helmet
3. All Competitors MUST have eye protection if vehicle does not have a full windshield (example: ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Tractors, Rock Crawlers)
4. All Competitors Must wear safety constraints such as a seatbelt or harness that may better be defined by class (exception being Motorcycles and ATVs)
5. All Vehicles Pulling MUST have a hook attachment point deemed safe by NORJ Track Officials
1. Ballast: Ballast is permitted. Hanging front weights are prohibited. Ballast may be added in the bed of the truck only, no hidden weight or ballast in the cab. If used, ballast must be securely fastened to the bed of the truck. Final decisions rest with the tech official.
2. Batteries: The batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment or forward of the radiator core support.
3. Body: The body must be an OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain all original sheet metal. Metal after-market hoods are permitted, fiberglass is prohibited. The complete OEM firewall and OEM floor pan is mandatory.
4. Brakes: Four-wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory and must be functional.
5. Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body being used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back- half conversions, tube chassis, etc. are prohibited.
6. Cooling System: Radiators must be in the stock location and must be of at least stock size.
7. Credentials: All drivers must have a valid state driver’s license and registration.
8. Driveline: An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup. Front and rear axles must also be from a one-ton or smaller pickup (no 5/4 ton axles).
9. Driver Restraint System: The OEM restrain system is mandatory and must be worn. Helmet must meet Snell 90 or better and must be worn when pulling.
10. Engine: Maximum engine size is 500 cubic inch and must be correct manufacturer and size that was a factory available option for that year, make, and model vehicle. Engine cannot be bored more than .030 over stock diameter. Engine cannot be stroked, must retain stock stroke. Only type intake manifold and one single four barrel carburetor limited to 750 cfm maximum. No aluminum heads or aluminum engine blocks unless equipped from the factory. No nitrous oxide allowed and any nitrous bottles must be removed. Air cleaner in the stock location is a must and hood cannot be cut/altered to allow protrusion of the air cleaner. Factory fuel injection body system allowed. Engine must be naturally aspirated unless otherwise equipped from the factory (i.e. Ford Ecoboost).
11. Exhaust: Exhaust must exit rear of cab. No open exhaust allowed. Muffler is a must. Exhaust must pass state inspection standards for noise level. Exhaust must also pass state inspection emissions regulations if applicable. Aftermarket headers with a tube size of 1.75” diameter or less are allowed.
12. Fire Extinguisher System: A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted and it is recommended that it be within easy reach of the driver.
13. Fuel: Maximum 93 octane pump gas only; higher octane fuel, race fuel, methanol, or any octane boosters/additives are prohibited. Judgement call of the tech official regarding if prohibited fuels are smelled when going over the scales or competing.
14. Fuel System: The OEM fuel tank is mandatory and must be used. Racing fuel cells are prohibited and must be removed from the vehicle.
15. Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle. The hooking point must be in the rear most point on the vehicle and must be rearward of the stock location of the tailgate. When backing into a vertical wall, the hitch point must be the first thing to hit before the bumper, bed, or other parts of the truck body. The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumpers may be notched but must be retained. The hitch’s height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The hooking point must have a minimum 3x3.75in inside diameter opening for the sled hook.
16. Ignition: Must utilize the stock ignition system or a distributor style aftermarket system. Aftermarket ignition boxes are prohibited.
17. Interior: A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliners, etc., is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, window’s wipers, etc.) must be retained and be operative. The uses of hand-throttle controls are prohibited.
18. Rear End: Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
19. Steering: The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. Non-OEM power assist methods are prohibited.
20. Street Equipment: Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative per factory specifications: that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical or mechanical means.
21. Suspension, Front: The upper mounting point for strut assemblies must be in the factory location. Adjustable caster/camber pillow ball mounts are permitted. The lower control arm may be strengthened provided factory-mounting points to chassis are maintained. The lower mounting point for the strut assembly may be modified for improved caster or camber. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Front traction bars are prohibited.
22. Suspension, Rear: An OEM-style suspension is mandatory. All OEM suspension mounting points must be retained and used. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel. Limiting straps prohibited. Rear suspension blocks are permitted with at least 1" of suspension compression from ride height. Air bag spring assistance is permitted; air bag compressors must be disconnected.
23. Tires: The tires must be DOT approved tires. Cut tires, studded tires and tire chains are prohibited. Dual rear wheels are prohibited.
24. Torque Converter: Lock up torque converter boxes and controllers are prohibited.
25. Transfer Case: Non OEM transfer cases are prohibited. The transfer case must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.
26. Wheelbase: The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and track width. Front and rear wheels must have same wheel offset. Final decision resides with NORJ Tech Officials.