The Northeast Off-Road Jamborees main goal is a fun and safe time for all, so here are some general rules for all classes to secure that safety and fun for everyone competing and spectating alike:
1. All Competitors MUST have a valid State Drivers License and be 16 or older with Parent Signed Liability Waver if under 18 years of Age
2. All Competitors MUST have a DOT approved Helmet
3. All Competitors MUST have eye protection if vehicle does not have a full windshield (example: ATVs, UTVs, Motorcycles, Tractors, Rock Crawlers)
4. All Competitors Must wear safety constraints such as a seatbelt or harness that may better be defined by class (exception being Motorcycles and ATVs)
5. All Vehicles Pulling MUST have a hook attachment point deemed safe by NORJ Track Officials
2.6 Diesel 8000LB Class Rules and Regulations:
8000 lbs 2.6 4X4 Class weight is 8000 lbs maximum with driver. Regulations:
1. Ballast: Ballast is permitted. Hanging/hidden front weights are prohibited. Ballast may be added in the bed of the truck. If used, ballast must be securely fastened to the bed of the truck. Final decisions rest with the tech official. Ballast in cab is prohibited.
2. Batteries: The Batteries must be securely mounted. They may not be located in the driver compartment or forward of the radiator core support.
3. Body: The body must be OEM truck body, including the full bed floor. The body must retain all original sheet metal. The hood must be closed and securely latched while the vehicle is hooked to the sled. The complete OEM firewall and OEM floor pan is mandatory.
4. Brakes: Four –Wheel hydraulic brakes are mandatory and must be functional.
5. Chassis: The OEM chassis is mandatory. The engine must be in the OEM location for the body being used. The vehicle must retain the full OEM chassis. Wheel tubs, back- half conversions, tube chassis, etc are prohibited.
6. Cooling Systems: Radiators must be in the stock location and must be must be of at least stock size.
7. Credentials: All drivers must have a valid driver’s license.
8. Driveline: An OEM transmission and transfer case are mandatory. They must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up.
9. Driver Restraint System: The OEM restrain system is mandatory and must be worn. Helmet must be worn when pulling.
10. Drive Shaft Loops: All trucks must have a minimum of 6” wide U-joint shields around for rear U-Joint to accumulate points. Constructed of at least quarter inch steel or 3/8 inch aluminum that will safely contain the U-joint and the end of the rear shaft. Any U-joint on the front axle that can be seen from the front or the side of the truck must be shielded the same as all other u-joints. All shielding must be securely mounted to the vehicle.
11. Engine: The engine is limited to a stock appearing, OEM compression engine, available from the factory in a one ton or smaller truck. Cubic inch limit of 444ci. Blocks must circulate coolant freely. No hard filled blocks. Water pumps may be electric or factory. All factory belt driven accessories, excluding air conditioner compressor must be retained and powered via the crankshaft by a standard serpentine or v belt or belts. Electric cooling fans are permitted. NO SIDE DRAFT/RUNNER STYLE INTAKES PERMITTED.
12. Exhaust: The exhaust must exit rearward of the driver’s compartment. Stacks exiting through the hood or fender well are prohibited. If the muffler or catalytic converter have been changed from stock , two 3/8 inch diameter bolts must be installed through the exhaust pipe in a cross pattern within one inch of each other as close to the turbo as is practical.
13. Fire Extinguisher System: A fire extinguisher system is permitted. It must be securely mounted. All vehicles must have at least a 2 ½ lb. fire extinguisher with working gauge mounted within drivers reach.
14. Fuel: The fuel must be pump #1 or #2 diesel only. Soy/Bio-diesel fuel is permitted. Off-road diesel fuel is prohibited.
15. Fuel Injection Pump: The fuel injection pump is limited to cylinder number specific (i.e. 6 cylinder pump on 6 cylinder motor). Dual high pressure common rail fuel pumps or HPOPs are permitted. The P pumps that are allowed are the p3000 and the p7100. Ag governors are not allowed. No sigma or 12 cylinder pumps allowed.
16. Fuel System: The OEM tank is mandatory and must be used. Racing fuel cells are prohibited and must be removed from the vehicle.
17. Harmonic Balancer: All engines turning 4500 RPM and higher must be equipped with a harmonic balancer or damper meeting SFI Spec 18.1.
18. Hitch: The hitch must be a receiver-style hitch; reinforcements are permitted. Reinforcements must not extend forward of the centerline of the rear axle and must remain inside of the frame rails. The hooking point may be no closer than 44” from the centerline of rear axle (will be measured where sled hook rests). The hitch must be horizontal to the ground and stationary in all directions. Bumper may be notched or removed. Hitch height from the ground may not exceed 26 inches. The hooking point must have a minimum 3x3.75 inches inside diameter opening for the sled hook. Trick hitches/drawbar style are prohibited. Trick hitches will be determined by NORJ tech official.
19. Intercoolers: Factory style or aftermarket air to air replacement only in the stock location. Any means of cooling the air before the engine is prohibited.
20. Interior: A complete interior, including dashboard, door panels, headliners, etc. is mandatory. Two matching front seats are mandatory. Aftermarket seats are permitted; they must be fully upholstered. All factory controls (lights, signals, horn, window’s, wipers ect.) must be retained and be operative. The use of hand-throttle controls are prohibited.
21. Nitrous Oxide/Propane: Nitrous Oxide is prohibited. No other oxygen extenders are allowed. Propane is prohibited. All system components must be removed from the truck. No pressurized bottles.
22. Rear-end: Non-OEM rear-end housings are prohibited. It must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pick up. Rear axle bolts must be covered by a cap or shield.
23. Steering: The vehicle must retain the full, original OEM steering gear. The vehicle must retain the original OEM power steering assistance, if it was so equipped. Additional stabilizers are permitted. Non- OEM power assist methods are prohibited.
24. Street Equipment: Complete headlight and taillight assemblies (all) are mandatory and must be operative. Complete OEM windshield and windows are mandatory. Windows must be operative per factory specifications: that is, they must open and close via OEM electrical mechanical means.
25. Suspension, Front: The factory configuration must be retained. Modifications to the front suspension that would alter the original location (i.e. moving it forward or backward) is not permitted. Strut tower braces, lower tie bars, sway bars, and limit straps are permitted. Traction bars and devices are permitted. Air shocks are prohibited. Final decision rest with the SPI tech department.
26. Suspension, Rear: An OEM- style suspension is mandatory. Traction bars and devices are permitted; they must be bolt-on only; welds are permitted for attachment to frame or axle housing. All OEM suspension mounting points must be retained and used. All rear suspensions must use at least one working shock absorber per wheel. Limiting straps prohibited. Rear suspension blocks are permitted with at least 1" of suspension compression from ride height. Air bag spring assistance is permitted; air bag compressors must be disconnected.
27. Tires: Tires must be DOT street tires. Cuts tires are prohibited. The use of dual rear wheels is prohibited.
28. Transfer case: Non OEM transfer cases are prohibited. The transfer case must have been an option on a one-ton or smaller pickup truck.
29. Transmission, Automatic: Non OEM transmissions are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more using an automatic transmission must be equipped with a transmission shield meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and must be label accordingly. A blanket-type shield is permitted; it must be appropriately labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1 and it must extend from the rear of the block to the front of tail housing with a minimum of six inch overlap where it is fastened. All non-blanket type shields must incorporate two (or one, per manufactures instructions) ¾ inch by 1/8 inch straps that bolt to the shield on each side and pass under the transmission pan unless the transmission pan is labeled as meeting SFI Spec 4.1. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more and using automatic transmissions must be equipped with flex plate meeting SFI Spec 29.1 and covered by a flex plate shield meeting SFI Spec 30.1.
30. Transmission, Manual: Non OEM transmissions are prohibited. A clutch meeting minimum SFI Spec 1.1 or 1.2 is mandatory on all vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more. All manual transmissions must be clutch assistant. Sequential shifters are prohibited. All vehicles with engines running 4500 RPM or more equipped with a manual transmission must have a fly wheel shield labeled as meeting minimum SFI Spec 6.3 or greater. Applications for which an SFI Spec flywheel shield is not available may use a properly attach SFI 4.1 OR 4.2 blanket that completely covers the bell housing, it must be attached to the block and extend rearward to the transmission with a minimum of six inch overlap where it is fastened.
31. Turbocharger: Is limited to a Stock appearing ,OEM/factory make specific charger only. Turbochargers from different years in the same make may be interchanged ,no adapters to accept other model turbo. 6.4 liter Power Stroke engines may utilize the factory twin turbo configuration. The vehicle’s driver will be responsible for making the compressor wheel/bore accessible for inspection by the Tech Official
32. Turbocharger; 2.6” Smooth Bore: The vehicle is limited to a single 2.6" inducer bore turbocharger. The compressor wheel must protrude into the 2.6" bore no less than 1/8". The inlet will be measured using a 2.605" plug, the plug must not be able to enter the inducer bore. MWE grooves are prohibited, the turbo inlet must be smooth bore. The vehicle’s driver will be responsible for making the compressor wheel/bore accessible for inspection by the Tech Officials.
33. Water Injection: A Water injection is prohibited. All system components must be removed from truck.
34. Wheelbase: The vehicle must retain the original factory wheelbase and track width. Front dual wheel spacers may be used only with accompanying positive-offset dually style wheels. Front and rear wheels must have same wheel offset. Final decision resides with NORJ Tech Officials.